Denmead Hants 310324
w***@bibble.com.invalid
2024-04-01 10:16:08 UTC
Just before 20:00 on 31/03/24 an impre4ssive storm hit this area (just
north of Portsmouth). It rained very heavily until just before 23:00
with thunder and lightning. My AWS recorded 47.2mm in that 3 hour
period. That equates to 10% of the current year's rainfall in one
evening.
The roads became rivers and the Environment Agency issued a flood
warning for the village.
NNNN
Jeff Layman
2024-04-01 12:22:32 UTC
Post by w***@bibble.com.invalid
Just before 20:00 on 31/03/24 an impre4ssive storm hit this area (just
north of Portsmouth). It rained very heavily until just before 23:00
with thunder and lightning. My AWS recorded 47.2mm in that 3 hour
period. That equates to 10% of the current year's rainfall in one
evening.
The roads became rivers and the Environment Agency issued a flood
warning for the village.
I'm just east of Southampton. Between 2000 and 0000 I recorded 22.4mm.
At 2045 the rain rate was 31.8mm/hour, and at 2050 it was 35.4mm/hour!
Jeff
N_Cook
2024-04-01 16:16:09 UTC
Post by w***@bibble.com.invalid
Just before 20:00 on 31/03/24 an impre4ssive storm hit this area (just
north of Portsmouth). It rained very heavily until just before 23:00
with thunder and lightning. My AWS recorded 47.2mm in that 3 hour
period. That equates to 10% of the current year's rainfall in one
evening.
The roads became rivers and the Environment Agency issued a flood
warning for the village.
My local EA raingauge, Portswood east Southampton
https://check-for-flooding.service.gov.uk/rainfall-station/E11480

Timestamp (UTC),Rainfall (mm)
2024-03-31T18:00:00Z,0
2024-03-31T18:15:00Z,0
2024-03-31T18:30:00Z,0
2024-03-31T18:45:00Z,0
2024-03-31T19:00:00Z,1.6
2024-03-31T19:15:00Z,0.8
2024-03-31T19:30:00Z,0.2
2024-03-31T19:45:00Z,1.9
2024-03-31T20:00:00Z,4.2
2024-03-31T20:15:00Z,7.9
2024-03-31T20:30:00Z,1.7
2024-03-31T20:45:00Z,0.8
2024-03-31T21:00:00Z,0.3
2024-03-31T21:15:00Z,0.4
2024-03-31T21:30:00Z,0.2
2024-03-31T21:45:00Z,0.4
2024-03-31T22:00:00Z,0.6
2024-03-31T22:15:00Z,0.4
2024-03-31T22:30:00Z,0.6
2024-03-31T22:45:00Z,0.6
2024-03-31T23:00:00Z,0.5
2024-03-31T23:15:00Z,0.6
2024-03-31T23:30:00Z,0.5
2024-03-31T23:45:00Z,0
2024-04-01T00:00:00Z,0
2024-04-01T00:15:00Z,0
2024-04-01T00:30:00Z,0
2024-04-01T00:45:00Z,0
2024-04-01T01:00:00Z,0.1

We, St Denys, Southampton are experiencing "tide blocking" these days
from excessive rainfall, rarely experienced in living local memory.
02 Nov 2023 and 28 Mar 2024
The river Itchen near high tides holds back rainfall onto the local
roads that otherwise goes through flap valves into the Itchen,
fountaining up thru the road drains at the lowest points.
Levels reaching the floorpan of parked cars in Nov and just below
carpans recently
--
Global sea level rise to 2100 from curve-fitted existing altimetry data
<http://diverse.4mg.com/slr.htm>